Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Everyday Oils Collection: Lavender

Ahh! (breathing deeply) Lavender! Love the scent of it and love the benefits.
  Did you know that Lavender is good for many things, 'everyday' things!
When I got my kit, I chose the Everyday Oils Collection Starter Kit. (for info on this go check out my last blog on Getting Started and Picking Your Kit!)
  The first oil I started using was Lavender. I had been having a really hard time with the kids sleeping. I have a 2 year old and a 14 month old, not big fans of sleep. At the beginning my daughter responded very well to it, my son didn't have the same reaction. But, what I would do, every night, (admission here: haven't been very consistent the past few days due to the stomach bug.) I would have foot time. It became routine for Allison, when I called out that it was oil time she ran onto the bed and was ready. I basically used it the way most people do, I diffused it and also rubbed it on the babies feet. 
   Also, I use it for cuts. Lavender helps the body heal quicker and naturally. 
  While reading in my EOPR (Essential Oil Pocket Reference 6th Edition by Life Science Publishers), I found some interesting things about Lavender that goes beyond just sleep and cuts.
Here is a list of the Medical Properties:

  •     Antiseptic
  •     Anti-fungal
  •    Analgesic (a pain killer)
  •    Antitumoral
  •    Anticonvulsant
  •    Vasodilating
  •    Relaxant
  •    Anti- Inflamatory
  •    Reduces blood fat/cholesterol
  •    Combats excess sebum on skin
     Isn't that amazing?!
 Here are the Uses:

  • Respiratory infections
  • High Blood Pressure
  • Arteriosclerosis
  • PMS/Menstrual problems
  • Skin Conditions (perineal repair)
  • Acne
  • Eczema
  • Psoriasis
  • Scarring
  • Stretch Marks
  • Burns
  • Hair Loss
  • Insomnia
  • Nervous Tension
From personal experience I can tell you that we have really benefited from Lavender concerning our sleep and when the little's get boo boo's. If you have any testimonies concerning Lavender I would love to hear it!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment